Jobs and Vacancies
Life Green Group Culture
At Life Green Group we take a ’work hard, play hard’ attitude. Excellent service delivery is of the utmost importance to us, and a landscaping job is often the last phase of a construction project, which means that we require landscapers to work efficiently in order to meet deadlines.
We do also like to have fun, and our staff make the most of international awareness days, such as World Earth Day, Arbor Week and Spring Day. One of the only days that we don’t celebrate is World Naked Gardening Day!
As a rule we do not do small scale domestic landscaping work. Our job opportunities tend to focus on maintenance, upgrades and installations, which have already been designed by qualified landscape architects.
Senior Level Jobs
Life Green Group is always looking for graduates with degrees in the following fields:
- Agricultural Science
- Environmental Science
- Landscape Architecture (we do not focus on design work)
While we do favour mentoring graduates who have a first class degree in the above listing, if you have a different degree but enjoy the outdoors, feel you have something to offer and can convince us you have green fingers, don’t be scared to still get in touch about working for Life Green Group.
Graduates with a diploma in horticulture need to have high marks and strong interpersonal skills to be considered for a senior level job.
If you are a highly motivated South African citizen with a valid South African driver’s licence, Life Green Group can further your career in the landscaping or plantscaping industry. Life Green Group has a policy of promoting from within. We will also ensure that you develop your gardening career with further training from registered SETA training colleges. Computer literacy, basic management qualifications and horticultural training will work in your favour.
At Life Green Group we are committed to Employment Equity
Current Job Vacancies:
REPORTING TO: Chief Financial Officer
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum 5 years as a Financial Manager in the Services Industry.
- Assume full responsibility for the accounting function, and for all entries in the accounting records.
- Assume full responsibility for the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Provide analysis and information to management pertaining to the Management Accounts.
- Manage the performance of, and provide support to, the accounting team.
- Ensure that General Ledger reconciliations are prepared for all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare the bank reconciliations for all bank accounts.
- Oversee and release payments from all bank accounts.
- Prepare and submit all statutory returns.
- Manage the Cash Flow.
- Manage the payment of Creditors and the review of reconciliations to Suppliers’ statements.
- Manage the preparation of monthly Work in Progress and the Revenue Recognition of Contracting Turnover, conforming to IFRS15.
- Liaise closely with all Divisional Managers on accounting matters.
- Assume full responsibility for the Annual Audit and liaise closely with the Auditors ensuring that they receive all the necessary documentation and explanations to complete their audit.
- Manage the Chart of Accounts in AccPac, overseeing:
- The opening of new accounts
- Set up of new Cost Centres
- Overseeing the templates for preparing the Management Accounts
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 June 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.