Health and Safety
Life Green Group takes health and safety seriously, not only for the sake of our employees on site, but for the benefit of our clients. Our health and safety audits are no less than 90% compliant with the health and safety targets on site.
In order to comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the following health and safety procedures take place on all Life Green Group sites:
- The development and implementation of a safety system on all landscaping and plantscaping sites set by our chosen health and safety consultant. This safety system is assessed and re-evaluated regularly with the relevant stakeholders.
- Risk assessments are undertaken on each site, as well as at the beginning of each activity, such as the lifting of top soil and the felling of trees.
- Toolbox talks are given at the beginning of each shift. These talks cater to specific topics of health and safety.
- Training and inductions are conducted on all new sites.
- Safety files are produced for all landscaping and plantscaping sites.
- The site’s safety targets and objectives are monitored and facilitated.
- Any health and safety violations are Investigated and reported.
Life Green Group works in compliance with the following South African health and safety acts and regulations:
- Client Occupational Health and Safety Specifications
- Occupational Health and Safety Act; Act No. 85 of 2014’s new regulations, Construction Regulations of 2014
- Compensation Occupational Injury Diseases Act No. 130 of 1993
- Mine Health and Safety Act & Regulations Act No. 29 of 1996 (if applicable)
- Minerals Act and Regulations Act No. 50 of 1991 (if applicable)
- National Road Traffic Act No. 93 of 1996
- Road Ordinance Provisions
Life Green Group’s chosen health and safety consultant is from the 100% black-owned company, Ulwazi at Work. Vusi Mpungose, who previously trained in construction - a very safety conscious industry - has the following qualifications: Root Cause Analysis Technique (RCAT course), Hazard Identification and Response (DERK), Construction Safety Practitioners from Cape Rise Consultants, and various others. Vusi has worked on landmark projects, such as Sun City, Soccer City, Isando Barloworld, Liberty Group Sandton, and the Sandton Skye Hotel, to name but a few.